Clearwater Fishing Charter
Clearwater Fishing Charters & Tours
What to expect on a Clearwater fishing charter
A typical Clearwater fishing charter will be 4, 6, or 8 hours long and we will depart from Gulfport Municipal Marina. We will make multiple stops along the way fishing different locations near Clearwater and in the Tampa Bay. Areas we will fish are grass flats, ledges, oyster bars, mangroves, beaches, docks, bridges, reefs, and more. We will always be within eyesight of land and will mainly be fishing inshore waters so if you will never have to worry about getting sea sick
Target species will vary based on time of year but common species we catch are snook, tarpon, redfish, trout, flounder, sheepshead, cobia, mackerel, snapper, tripletail, grouper, pompano, jack crevalle, plus many more species. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to see what we are catching currently.
- Live bait will always be provided unless you would like to focus on artificial techniques (please let me know in advance if you would rather use artificial baits).
- Live bait will typically consist of pinfish, shrimp, crabs, and pilchards
- All fishing tackle will be provided at no additional cost.
- Tackle will typically consist of spinning rods with live bait set-ups.
- Capt Zack will take care of tying all knots, baiting all hooks, and unhooking all fish unless you would rather do it yourself. He will also teach you how he does all of this if you would like to learn or if you would rather just sit back and catch fish we can do that too!
What to bring on a Clearwater fishing charter (recommended)
- A positive attitude and a desire to have a great time on the water!
- Polarized sunglasses
- Proper attire based on weather conditions (Feel free to contact Capt. Zack for recommendations)
- Any food, drinks, or snacks you may want. Alcohol is acceptable but no glass please