St. Pete Beach Family Fishing Charter
What to expect on a family fishing charter in St. Pete Beach
Staying safe and having fun are our top two priorities! A typical family fishing charter will be 4 hours long with some families electing for longer trips. We will make multiple stops along the way fishing different locations in the waters near St. Pete Beach. Areas we will fish are grass flats, ledges, oyster bars, mangroves, beaches, docks, bridges, and more. We are very patient with kids of all ages and realize that making sure the young ones are having fun is EXTREMELY important to us because we recognize that a good fishing experience now will make them a lifelong angler and leave them with positive memories that can last a lifetime! We’ve all heard the stories of the mean angry captains who yell at their clients, I can assure you that is NEVER what we do and we take it even more seriously when dealing with young anglers.
Target species will vary based on time of year but common species we catch are snook, tarpon, redfish, trout, flounder, sheepshead, cobia, mackerel, snapper, tripletail, grouper, pompano, jack crevalle, plus many more species. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to see what we are catching currently.
We will also stop and look at dolphins or manatees if we come across them as we understand kids fishing charters are about creating life long positive memories and we understand there are multiple ways to make that happen and make sure every charter ends on a positive note.
We also really try to educate our young anglers about all the different things going on while fishing. Sometimes that may be explaining why we use a certain bait, why we hook it a certain way, why a fish looks a certain way, how old a fish is, how to determine if a fish is male or female, etc. The list of cool things we get to educate about is endless and we love doing it!
- Live bait will always be provided unless you would like to focus on artificial techniques (please let me know in advance if you would rather use artificial baits).
- Live bait will typically consist of pinfish, shrimp, crabs, and white bait (green backs, pilchards, shad, etc.)
- All fishing tackle will be provided at no additional cost.
- Tackle will typically consist of spinning rods with live bait set-ups.
- We will take care of tying all knots, baiting all hooks, and unhooking all fish unless you would rather do it yourself. We will also teach you how we do all of this if you would like to learn or if you would rather just sit back and catch fish we can do that too! We really focus on the fundamentals of fishing with kids and focus on making sure they are enjoying the experience.
What to bring on your family fishing charter in St. Pete Beach. (recommended)
- A positive attitude and a desire to have a great time on the water!
- Polarized sunglasses
- Proper attire based on weather conditions (Feel free to contact Capt. Zack for recommendations)
- Any food, drinks, or snacks you may want. Alcohol is acceptable but no glass please