St. Pete Beach Offshore Fishing Charter
Offshore Fishing Charter
What to expect on a St. Pete Beach offshore fishing charter
A typical St. Pete Beach offshore charter will be 4, 6, or 8 hours and will stay within 9 miles of the shore from St. Pete Beach. We may make multiple stops along the way fishing different locations off the coast of St. Pete Beach. We typically will launch from Gulfport Municipal Marina but can also pick up from your hotel if it has a dock or we can pick up at the boat ramp behind the Don Cesar. Most of the time we will still be able to see the buildings on St. Pete Beach while we are out. Depending on where the fish are located that day we will fish hard rock bottom reefs, wrecks, ledges, and other areas known to hold fish. Depending on the time of year you can expect to catch Grouper, Kingfish, Spanish Mackerel, Hogfish, Snapper, Tarpon, Cobia, Permit, and more.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what we are currently catching
- Live bait will always be provided unless you would like to focus on artificial techniques (please let Capt Zack know in advance if you would rather use artificial baits).
- Live bait will typically consist of pinfish, shrimp, crabs, and white bait (green backs, pilchards, threadfins, shad, etc.)
- All tackle will be provided at no additional cost.
- Tackle will typically consist of spinning rods and conventional rods with live bait set-ups or artificial lures pre-rigged.
- Capt Zack will take care of tying all knots, baiting all hooks, and unhooking all fish unless you would rather do it yourself. Capt Zack will also teach you how to do all of this if you would like to learn or if you would rather just sit back and catch fish we can do that too!
What to bring on a St. Pete Beach offshore fishing charter (recommended)
- A positive attitude and a desire to have a great time on the water!
- Polarized sunglasses
- Proper attire based on weather conditions (Feel free to contact Capt. Zack for recommendations)
- Any food, drinks, or snacks you may want. Alcohol is acceptable but no glass please